Graduation and Departmental Honors
To graduate with honors in sociology or in cultural anthropology, a student must be recommended by the Sociology and Anthropology Department faculty. The guidelines for being considered for graduation with honors in sociology are:
- Completion of 35 units of course work.
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.2.
- A grade point average in the major of at least 3.5.
- A grade in the culminating experience (Soc 461) of at least an A-.
- A score on Comprehensive Examinations of at least an A- (90%).
- A reputation of academic integrity.
- Nomination by the department and approval by the faculty of the college
as a whole.